Saving energy, reducing costs and protecting people and the environment: our experts determine, test and evaluate the properties of the air conditioning systems in plants and buildings.
We ensure that your systems operate reliably and effectively, while adhering to relevant protection laws, guidelines and standards. As an operator, you benefit from our neutrality and objectivity: as a member of the TÜV NORD GROUP, our specialists are committed to the TÜV brand, ensuring you receive a fair, competent and independent evaluation.
We can test your refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation systems both on our test bench in Essen, Germany, and at external locations, for example at your production site or place of installation. We are competent in the following areas:
- heat pumps
- air coolers
- heat exchangers
- Heat exchangers (air / liquid and liquid / liquid)
- ventilation and air-conditioning systems
- cooling towers
- Other air conditioning equipment
The inspection of technical systems is important for the safe operation of buildings. Our testing services help you fulfil your obligations and responsibilities as an operator, both in terms of health and environmental protection and the availability of your plant. The legal safety requirements that a system must meet depend on its type and use. Mandatory plant inspections by independent experts are often anchored by law e.g. in the Workplace Ordinance or energy saving regulations.
Ventilation / air-conditioning technology: Employee and product protection
Ventilation and air-conditioning technology in buildings fulfils a number of different tasks, including smoke extraction and pollutant removal. Ensuring your systems are working efficiently is not only important in terms of compliance with legal guidelines, but also to provide the best air quality and effective fire protection.
We offer you the following services:
- Initial acceptance tests and recurring tests examinations for the reduction of hazardous substances or explosion protection in accordance with the test regulations of different federal states by test experts
- Examination of design planning for compliance with building requirements
- Building supervision by our independent experts or within the framework of fire protection management
- Hygiene inspections e.g. according to VDI 6022 and the German Workplace Ordinance
- Energy efficiency inspections according to § 12 of the German Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV)
Recooling and evaporative cooling systems, cooling towers: Our services according to VDI 2047
We inspect and control recooling plants according to the 42nd German Federal Immission Control Ordinance of 19.07.2017 and the technical regulations VDI 2047 Part 2 and Part 3. Our service includes a web-based preparation and presentation of the analysis results. This gives you an overview of the inspection status of your recooling plant at any time. Our experts are also available to answer your questions in difficult situations. Our services in detail:
- Risk assessment of your plants: Evaluation and recommendation of measures for maintenance and operation.
- Examination for Legionella and total bacterial count. Our laboratory is also accredited according to DIN EN ISO 17025.
- Microbiological self-monitoring for the 14-day check of the total bacterial count
- Reliable documentation and advice
- Training: Hygiene training according to VDI guideline 2047-2
Guaranteed energy-efficiency: Inspection of air conditioning systems
We carry out normative and nonstandard performance measurements for manufacturers and operators of machines and components for refrigeration and heating technology. As an independent testing laboratory, we are active in several certification programs for EUROVENT-CERTIFICATION, Paris.
European directive 2002/91/EC (Energy Performance of Buildings Directive – EPBD) mandates the improvement of total energy efficiency for buildings in the European Union, taking prevailing local climate conditions into account. National implementation of this European Directive was effected in Germany with the passing of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV). This, and the equivalent British guideline TM44, stipulate regular energy inspections for "air conditioning systems with an effective rated output of more than 12 kW ".
Our experts in the fields of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation technology determine the energy efficiency of your air conditioning system, check the system documentation and advise you on how to increase efficiency.
Further information can be found on the website www.plant-product-safety.dmt-group.com.