For many years DMT GROUP has been a successfull EPC plant engineering expert (Engineering Procurement Construction) in the chemical and petrochemical industries and has extensive expertise in the entire field of gas cleaning. In particular, DMT is a renowned partner in the field of coke oven gas treatment and also specializes in the recovery of valuable substances from coke oven gas in the form of sulfur or ammonium sulfate. Our clients in this field include all the well-known, worldwide operators of coking plants.
We provide comprehensive plant design up to turnkey handover, but also customized solutions: From industrial process wastewater treatment (from pre-treatment to biological treatment) to plant design in the hydrogen market - we deliver what our client's need.
In gas purification and treatment, e.g. of coke oven gas, DMT GROUP covers the entire project cycle: study/consulting, design, engineering, supply of key components and subplants, supervision of erection and commissioning, plant optimization and maintenance. Our strength is solid plant planning. But what sets us apart is our extensive know-how in plant construction, right through to the supply of process engineering equipment and subsequent construction supervision. Since DMT is not just a planner or equipment supplier, but a technology provider, we assume process engineering guarantees for the subsequent operation of the plant. For the customer, our role as EPC contractor means a reduction in technical, scheduling and thus also financial risks.
While large corporations in plant engineering often seem too cumbersome to implement for smaller projects, it is our size and expertise that make us an agile and responsive partner. With our approximately 150 employees from various DMT companies, we are able to pull together comprehensive technological expertise for microstructure reactors, for example, and scale up to meet specific customer needs.
As part of TÜV NORD GROUP, safety is also one of our maxims in plant design. In addition, we have access to a worldwide network of subsidiaries as well as technical services and experts from a wide range of fields.
When it comes to EPC/M, we have the experts for monitoring, simulation, and the management of process operations in our team: ENCOS GmbH, who have specialized in different customer requirements and project sizes for years. Through a large number of international projects, they have been able to gain extensive experience and build up networks. Even for strength calculations or operator obligations such as risk assessments or occupational safety, we have exactly the right contact in the DMT GROUP.
ENCOS GmbH serves extensive markets but also niches as a reliable and innovative planner and EPC/M service provider in the process industry:
- In the refinery segment, we support our customers in terminal plants, heat recovery plants, energy efficiency projects, vent gas recovery plants, tank farms, in new construction and refurbishment.
- In gas plant engineering, our customers operate liquid plants (e.g. pumping stations for liquid oxygen), evaporation and heat exchanger plants, cyclone, hydrocyclone and separation systems. We assist in the design of vacuum plants and process engineering for process plants, off-gas cleaning systems, gas collection and distribution systems, blowdown and flare systems.
- In chemical plant engineering, we support amine plants, kerosene plants, organic chemical plants, high hydrogenation plants, ethylene oxide plants, catalyst carrier plants, alumina plants, among others. We would like to emphasize the proprietary development of microstructure reactors, which are now being used in the first industrial projects.
- The ENCOS portfolio is rounded off by projects in pharmaceutical plant engineering.
State-of-the-art plant engineering for the process industry.
Mechanical and plant engineering for the process industry requires fundamental insight into the respective interrelation or dependency of individual processes. Only with sound planning and construction can a plant be brought up to state-of-the-art standard.
In this highly technical field DMT is a name to trust, valued for its active and internationally recognized support: from consulting, testing and evaluation to the planning and construction of systems, as well as the restoration and repair of operating plants. Our diverse competencies are expertly combined to bring the desired safety requirements, efficiency levels and environmental compatibility of your systems in line with one another. In doing so, we help our customers comply with environmental regulations and ensure that their processes yield a high level of added value.
Our service portfolio:
- Refurbishment concepts and studies
- Process engineering
- Project management
- Basic and detail engineering
- Supply of systems or core components
- Installation and commissioning
- Training of operating personnel
Our main focus is on the cleaning of coke-oven gas in coking by-product plants and procedures such as:
- Tar extraction
- Gas cooling
- Gas scrubbing for the removal of ammonia, hydrogen sulphide, hydrogen cyanide, BTX and naphthalene from the process gas.
- Extraction of by-products such as sulphur from Claus plants, sulphuric acid, ammonium sulphate, ammonia, BTX, naphthalene and tar.
- Wastewater treatment
We apply our technological know-how in the cleaning of other gases, too, for example, the purification of natural gas, refining, carbide production or the cleaning of process gases in the chemicals and special chemicals industry.
DMT also provides services for the utilisation of gases such as coke oven gas and mine gas as an energy source. We offer valuable assistance from the planning stage right through to installation and commissioning of gas engines or turbines for the efficient generation of electricity and heat.
To support our customers in terms of quality assurance, DMT also plans and supplies laboratories for the investigation of coal, coke and gas quality, designed for testing and analysing in accordance with international standards.
Our product range for the mechanical and plant engineering sector is rounded off with test rigs for the quality control of drive units.