The DMT CoreScan UV is an ultraviolet fluorescence imaging tool. Its main application is the imaging of oil bearing drill core under UV light, a routine core analysis operation in the field of oil and gas exploration. It can, however, also be used for the exploration of fluorescing minerals, such as scheelite. It delivers images of drill cores up to 1.05 meters in length and of drill core boxes measuring 1.15 x 0.64 meters under both UV and white light. The specially designed illumination and recording system guarantees the highest image quality and minimizes unwanted scattered radiation in weak fluorescence. The image data can be imported into the CoreBase database for further processing.
The DMT CoreScan UV can be used alone or in combination with a CoreScan 3 and can be controlled by a single laptop. Due to its small and lightweight dimensions, the device is mobile. At the same time it is designed for extremely hard working conditions and is very user-friendly.
- Applicable on any core drilling project
- Online global accessibility of core images
- Lightweight and easily portable
- UV and white light set up
- Transport box doubles as dark chamber
- Automated core box scanning
- User-friendly operation
- Safety circuit under UV operation included