The design of test rigs for drive-technology applications is most often complex and requires precise planning. With our expertise, we assist our customers in meeting the diverse requirements of even the most complex test procedures, from basic design through to development and commissioning of turnkey test bench solutions. We are experienced in building test benches for:
- Hydraulic tasks (pumps, hydraulic motors, hydraulic fluids, valves, etc.)
- Mechanical parts (gears, clutches, brakes, rods, bearings, etc.)
- Rotational and translational drive units
Test bench engineering - individual and exclusive
We not only carry out feasibility studies during conceptualisation, but also cooperate closely with you, offering sound advice on the most economical solution for your particular needs. When it comes to the actual testing process at hand, we combine expedient and efficient automation solutions with relevant, state-of-the-art measuring technology, offering you the benefit of:
- Individual design of the test bench, adapted to your requirements
- Freely selectable user interfaces, designed according to your wishes
- Individually adapted measurement technology (torque, speed, pressure, volume flow, contamination, vibration, force, current, power, efficiency, etc.)
- Close coordination during the design phase and consideration of operational requirements
- Depending on design: Pre-commissioning on our premises
Test bed services
If you don't need a turnkey solution but would like support with your test bench, we can offer you competent assistance for all tasks related to your test facilities. We are able to accommodate your wishes and help you to bring your test bench up to date with the latest technology and optimise your operation or support you in quality assurance. Or why not make use of our own test benches? At DMT's test facilities in Krefeld we can carry out various tests for drives up to 3 MW for you. In addition, hydraulic drive components up to 400 kW can be tested fully automatically (24/7) in our four test cubicles. We are also happy to take over any sub-areas of your project. Our services include:
- New construction or modification
- Renewal and extension of your test bench
- Feasibility studies
- Review and optimisation of measurement technology and automation
- Calibration of measurement technology
Our in-situ measurement methods for drive engines and industrial machines are ideal for a range of measurements directly at the point of use:
- Function testing
- Damage analysis
- Analyses of optimisation potential
- Feasibility studies
Our in-situ measurements are designed to ensure a continuous smooth operation and can therefore be carried out on site with minimal interruption. Among the main customers who rely on DMT's experience in this field are operators of wind turbines, rolling mills, coal conveyors and extrusion systems.
Strain gauges are used to measure mechanical stresses in structures and components made of metal, plastic or concrete. These electronic elements react to elongation or compression with a change in resistance. This effect is used for demanding measuring tasks, whereby the strain gauges are usually applied to the component to be evaluated with a special adhesive (task dependent).
The application of strain gauges can be used for both short and long-term measurements and are most commonly used for component monitoring in mechanical engineering and steel construction. DMT applications can withstand temperatures of up to 300°C.
Applying strain gauges correctly is extremely demanding in terms of craftsmanship and requires considerable experience. DMT is also proficient in the application of strain gages in highly explosive environments.