Avoid measurement errors and reduce costs: When high precision is required and other measuring methods are no longer effective, the gyroscopes of our GYROMAT series provide you with measuring results of the highest accuracy – quickly, easily, and reliably – even in geographically and topographically challenging terrain and under difficult conditions. Our gyroscopic measuring system determines the direction to the north or the azimuth fully automatically with worldwide unsurpassed accuracy for the exact direction of your construction project. Possible sources of error in the measurements are compensated. You avoid subsequent directional corrections and instead reach the end point of your measurement project accurately and reliably.
With wireless control and data transfer or conventionally in manual mode, GYROMAT provides extra security. Challenges in construction and measurement projects in tunnels, shipbuilding, or other projects requiring the highest directional accuracy can be solved quickly and efficiently with the use of our measuring device. High-resolution data facilitate easy analysis, calculation and evaluation of the data and support the monitoring of the measuring process.
Thus, you are guaranteed to lead your project to success within the predefined cost and time planning. GYROMAT can be purchased individually as a product from us - or chartered together with a DMT expert team as a service for your construction project. If you decide to purchase a GYROMAT, you will receive a two-day free training session for the device.
With the GYROMAT 5000, you can measure with a worldwide unique directional accuracy
Our GYROMAT 5000 is the most accurate surveying gyroscope in the world. With it you can measure direction with an accuracy of 0.8/1000 Gon. This corresponds to a deviation in the arc of about 1.2 cm over a distance of one kilometer. The GYROMAT 5000 measurement method compensates for possible sources of error such as refraction, error propagation, or even plumb line errors when the direction is to be determined from a shaft. A single measurement is performed in record time of about 6 to 9 minutes for a single direction. The piezo drive around the horizontal angle with high-resolution angle encoder acquires the measurement data with the highest precision. The state-of-the-art energy concept with reliable energy buffer and exchangeable battery makes the system faster, safer and easier to maintain. The housing is ergonomically designed and is therefore particularly suitable for measurements in demanding terrain.
The possibility of individually equipping theodolites or total stations allows universal use for geodetic applications or in industrial surveying. Examples of such use can be found in directional measurements underground, in tunnel surveying or in metrological applications to determine the geographic north direction.
The advantages and special features of GYROMAT 5000 at a glance:
- World's only gyroscope for determining and checking direction with high precision
- Reliably shows north
- High-precision accuracy of 0.8/1000 Gon (2 arc seconds)
- High-speed measurements of approx. 6 to 9 minutes
- Compensates for error sources and measurement deviations such as refraction, error propagation or plumb line errors when measuring direction from a shaft
- Application guarantees planning reliability and cost efficiency
- Fully automatic measuring sequence
- Piezo drive with high-resolution angle encoder for highest accuracy
- Gyroscopic measuring unit with reliable intermediate energy storage
- Pre-orientation-free measuring method
- Individual theodolite assembly possible
- Ergonomic housing design with only one rechargeable battery
- Wireless remote control and data transmission for easy control and application guarantees more safety
- Wired interfaces (USB / RS- 232) for control and data transmission
- Menu-controlled measurement sequence
- Extended monitoring functions
- Certified according to DIN 18723 part 7 (1990)
- The application is also suitable for geographically and topographically challenging terrain or for measurements under difficult conditions
- The GYROMAT 5000 is available as a product or as a service offer with an expert team on site
- Every purchase of a GYROMAT 5000 unit includes two days of free training
GYROMAT 5000 is the successor of GYROMAT 3000, which provides measurement results with an accuracy of 1/1000th of a gon. This corresponds to an arc deviation of approximately 1.6 cm at one kilometer distance. The measurement time for a directional measurement is approximately 10 minutes.
GYROMAT 5000 in tunnelling applications: Reaching the target with the highest accuracy
DMT has many years of experience in complex tunnel and mining projects. Our experts are well aware of the challenges that surveying work underground presents. They are therefore highly flexible when it comes to accurate geophysical preliminary exploration: Our specialists will lead your project to success efficiently and safely, even in geographically and topographically demanding terrain and under unfavourable boundary conditions such as construction work while traffic is moving.
Especially track construction projects for high-speed trains require the highest precision - exact directional determination is a prerequisite for centimeter-precise tunnel breakthroughs, even with a steep inclination of the tunnel axis. The use of GYROMAT provides highly accurate measurement results and compensates for potential sources of error such as refraction, error propagation, or plumb line errors in directional measurements from a shaft.
As an additional service, we offer our surveying gyroscope as part of a complete solution for your construction project: Our experts offer concepts for the planning of surveying work, creation of tunnel networks, selection of measuring methods, and simulation calculations for breakdown predictions.
"...With the GYROMAT of the Westfälische Berggewerkschaftskasse (WBK, today DMT, Essen, Germany) at the end of the 1970s [Eichholz, K. and Schäfler, 1978] the first automated high precision gyro theodolite was presented and commercially available on the civilian market. This instrument can be considered as a reference in tunnel projects and was therefore utilized as well by different institutions in the Gotthard Base Tunnel..."