The SUMMIT X One represents the latest generation of DMT’s long-standing successful SUMMIT product line of field seismographs. Ultra small one-channel remote units linking to a lightweight SUMMIT line cable via the new optimized SUMMIT SNAP-ON technology result in the world’s most flexible wired seismic acquisition system.
As the remote units can snap onto the line at any desired position, the SUMMIT X One provides an optimal solution for high resolution 2D and 3D seismic surveys also in challenging terrain. Any receiver spacing ranging from some tens of meters down to 1 meter can be realized with the same set of equipment.
Reliable and fast data transfer offers immediate and full quality control of acquired seismic data. The option of continuous data streaming also enables passive seismic applications such as monitoring of reservoir stimulation measures.
All in all, the SUMMIT X One combines the flexibility in field deployment of a wireless system with all the benefits of reliable online data access from a cabled system.
Unique flexibility for seismic experts!
- Optimised for high-resolution 2D / 3D surveys through its flexibility
- Fast and easy setup due to its unique snap-on technology
- Power and data transmission via lightweight two-wire cable
- Extremely small and robust casing
This video provides a full field demonstration on how to set up and do a 2D seismic refraction tomography using SUMMIT X-One, presented by our client Dr. Hector R. Hinojosa, Principal Geoscientist & Co-Founder of Cordillera Geo-Services LLC, USA.
- Connecting remote units at any desired position to the SUMMIT line cable provides outstanding flexibility for field deployment. The same system hardware can be used to realise totally different field configurations
SUMMIT Line Cable
- Lightweight 2-wire telemetry cable with easy handling and self sealing coating featuring secure and fast data telemetry as well as power distribution to remote units
- High cost efficiency already from the start with small systems of >24 channels for engineering applications up to large 2D/3D field deployments with >3,000 channels
Option for Continuous Recording
- Suitable for passive seismic applications (e.g. frac monitoring, CCS-monitoring etc.)
- Detailed high resolution seismic exploration of deposit (2D/3D)
- In-mine exploration
Geothermal & Hydrocarbon
- Detailed high resolution reservoir exploration (2D/3D)
- Monitoring of reservoir stimulation (frac monitoring)
Infrastructure & Environmental
- Near surface structural mapping (reflection & refraction seismic)
- Seismic tomography measurements
- MASW appliactions
- ReMi applications
"I am quite impressed with the speed at which it is set up, and the flexibility it will offer, especially with how easy it is to expand the system. The gear is much lighter and easier to manage that some of the bulky cables we have to use at the moment"
Benjamin Wilkins, Geophysicist, GBG GROUP, Australia, February 2021
"...We were looking for a lightweight, easy to transport and reliable, robust, high-resolution solution at a good price. While one may say this is impossible to get in one system, it is exactly what we have found with the SUMMIT X One...
The system saves us personnel costs on site because of the ease for deployment and operation...There is absolutely nothing I can fault the SUMMIT X One system and support on..." (Read the full review)
Eva Sutter, Geophysicist, Cook Costello, New Zealand, October 2020
"The new Summit One X System is lightweight and allows us to design and carry out flexible set-ups in very demanding environments. Since its incorporation to our pool of instruments our field crews have achieved a reduction of 30% in acquisition times with respect to our older system. It is a game changer."
Dr. Sénen Sandoval, Geophysicist, Everest Geophysics, Spain, August 2020
"...DMT, and the SUMMIT X One system rated highest or equal-highest in GHD’s evaluation...set up and field handling is very easy, flexible, fast and bomb-proof reliable. The pre and post-sales support we have received from DMT and their Australian rep, Geosensor has been outstanding. Accordingly, we would recommend the SUMMIT X One system and DMT as a vendor with the highest degree of confidence...." (Read the full review)
Hugh Tassell, Principal Geophysicist, GHD Pty Ltd., December 2016
"I had yesterday a field campaign in the tunnel with the X One and I’m glad to report that it worked like charm!” (after a successful tunnel survey with SUMMIT X One)
Dr. David Kusnirak, Senior Geophysicist, GEODATA Ziviltechnikergesellschaft mbH, Austria, May 2020
"...compared to our older standard 24 channel system the benefits of the Summit X One were much less equipment and more than 50% lighter than older system, data quality seems better than what we have seen with no electrical noise, trigger system is much easier to use than previous seismic blasting systems...
The above benefits allowed operation with a smaller crew, less fatigue, higher productivity and lower cost per channel..." (Read the full review)
Doug McConnell, Head of Geophysics, DMT Geosciences Ltd., Canada - May 2020