Accredited by the German Accreditation System (DAkkS) to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018
Recognised measuring centre for the recording and assessment of hazards in the workplace in accordance with the German Ordinance on Hazardous Substances.
Accredited by the German Accreditation System (DAkkS) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 under the registration number D-PL-11035-03-00.
Notified by the European Commission as a neutral and independent test laboratory with the Notified Body Nummer 2509.
Approved by the German centre of competence for construction DIBt (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik) according to state building regulations (BauO NRW) under the identification NRW49.
Testing in the following fields:
- Fire behaviour of
- Building materials and building components at mining sites (conveyor belts)
- Petroleum products and related products
- Building materials
- Materials and building components for rail vehicle construction (national and European)
- Furniture and structural elements in shipbuilding in accordance with the international Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Interior materials for the automotive industry
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Textiles and combustible materials
- Mattresses and upholstered furniture
- Fire resistance testing and continuous performance testing of
- Windows and fire doors, smoke control doors
- Fire resistance testing of
- Fire barriers and structural elements in shipbuilding
- Building components, partitions, facades
- Mechanical testing procedures for
- Gates, doors and smoke barriers
- Fire protection testing of cable systems with functional systems with functional integrity
- Tests of battery systems on resistance against exposure to fire
- Testing of building products and testing of fire behaviour of building products within the scope of the ordinance (EU) no. 305/2011 for the definition of harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products (Construction Product Regulation).
Testing laboratory for the non-destructive and destructive testing of both metal based and non-metal products and components.
Accredited by the German Accreditation System (DAkkS) for testing according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
Accredited testing body for the microbiological, chemical and physical examination of drinking water, air and surface samples.
Accredited by the German Accreditation System (DAkkS) for Testing according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018
Accredited testing body for the performance of normative and non-normative measurements on refrigerating and heating machines and components.
We perform normative and non-normative performance measurements on refrigerating and heating machines and components for manufacturers and operators and act as an independent testing laboratory for EUROVENT-CERTIFICATION, Paris, in a number of certification programmes. Testing is based on standards such as EN 14511, EN 13053, EN1216 and EN 1048.
We test the following either using our own test facilities or at other test sites:
- Refrigerating machines
- Heat pumps
- Air coolers
- Recooling plants
- Heat exchangers working with air / liquid and liquid / liquid
- Air conditioning plants
- Cooling towers
- Other air conditioning equipment that function with air, water or refrigerants.
The performance ranges measured depend on the equipment being tested. Power ratings anywhere between 5 and 2500 kW can be investigated with water temperatures from 2 to 75 °C at flow volumes of up to 500 m3/h. When brine is used the temperature of the liquid can even drop below zero.
Air flows with a maximum humidification of 1000 kg/h can be worked with at temperatures between -10 and 60 °C. The maximum air flow is 60 m³/sec
Testing centre for concrete and prefabricated concrete components in accordance with current standards and regulations, approved by the Landesbauordnung (German Building Regulation Authorities).
Expert body for consultation, expert reports and site managment for construction and infrastructure projects in mining areas, approved by the mining authorities.
Expert body for consultation and expert reports on preventative and defensive fire protection measures and the investigation of fire damage and fire incidents with special circumstances, approved by the mining authorities.
The DMT Expert Body for Ground Movement provides extensive services for measuring, forecasting and evaluating ground motion, executed by its own publicly appointed experts. The expert body operates monitoring networks worldwide and acts as an independent expert witness for authorities, private individuals and customers from industries such as mining and tunnel building, civil engineering and infrastructure.
Its specialist applications include subsidence and deformation forecasting, terrestrial and satellite based radar-interferometry measurements, state of the art tachymeter monitoring techniques, 3D laser scanning and high-precision GNSS measurements – also for offshore projects and areas prone to explosion hazards. Furthermore, the expert body provides high-end solutions for all kinds of geodetic and geomonitoring work using its own specially designed monitoring software DMT SAFEGUARD.
It is the job of the body's experienced expert witnesses to get to the bottom of what are often very complex causes of ground movement, in order to determine and subsequently minimise any resulting risk to people or property. Their combined expertise ranges from the fields of surveying, mining, civil engineering, applied geology, hydrology, site remediation and construction engineering.
- Consultation, expert witness reports and statements, research
- Planning, execution and evaluation of complex geodetic and geotechnical surveys for monitoring the earth's surface, slopes and hillsides or buildings, in the construction and civil engineering and mining industries.
- The latest industrial measuring technology in the fields of GNSS, total station, laser scanning, radar interferometry and geotechnical sensors – above or underground, on or offshore.
- Earth and rock movement forecasts for the mining, oil & gas and caverning industries – subsidence and deformation modellling using reputable techniques.
- Expert reports on mining-related damage and analysis of the effects ground movement has at the surface, on streets and buildings, pipelines and water balance.
- Creation of customer-specific geo-databases and GIS applications – also internet based.
- We set up complex monitoring systems with warning functions based on our in-house software DMT SAFEGUARD for real-time transmission, evaluation, online accessibility and long-term archiving of monitoring data.
- Our expert assessments and professional advice offer you the highest level of security for your projects and significantly reduce potential risks and dangers.
- Our expert witnesses are officially appointed and sworn in by public bodies and can therefore support you in dealing with official regulations.
- Our tried and tested measuring systems offer you reliable operation with only minimal disruption to your workflow. Support is always provided by competent professionals, ensuring the highest quality.
- Our GIS and Internet information systems enable you permanent access to all relevant data. Our experts are glad to assist you with the interpretation and evaluation of your data.
- By preventing risks, minimising remediation costs and by providing comprehensive solutions from a single source, we help you cut your costs.
Expert body for the assessment of rock burst hazards and advice on averting dangers, approved by the mining authorities.
Expert body for planning, testing and monitoring in the field of rock mechanics and support systems, approved by the mining authorities.
Expert body for testing, assessing and certifying injection processes and building materials
Expert body for the testing and assessment of technology in cokemaking plants, approved by the mining authorities.
Expert body for testing and assessing the vibration behaviour of underground ventilators, approved by the mining authorities.
Expert body for testing and assessing ventilation and air conditioning systems above and under ground, approved by the mining authorities.
Expert body for testing and assessing facilities for shaft and underground haulage systems according to regulations by the supervisory authority.
Recognised expert body for emission and immission measurement of air pollutants.
- Emission measurements at industrial plants
- Immission measurements in residential areas around industrial plants
- Expert assessment of air pollutants and emission reduction potentials
- Guarantee verification of performance and emission measurements on emission-reducing plant components
- Prognosis of air pollution in the vicinity of old and new plants in cooperation with TÜV NORD UMWELT
Recognised expert body for measurement and assessment of vibrations.
Accredited by the German Accreditation System (DAkkS) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
Accredited by the German Accreditation System (DAkkS) to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018
Recognised testing body for the assessment and prevention of air contamination and its causes.
The field of air hygiene focuses on the identification and avoidance of air pollution and its causes. The DMT laboratory for air hygiene has many years of experience particularly in determining sources of air contamination in indoor areas as well as in planning measures to prevent and/or reduce such contamination. The tests on air hygiene and air conditioning hygiene examine household appliances for air purification and air conditioning, dust separation and reduction of allergens and germs.
The colleagues in the Technical Hygiene Department inspect air conditioning systems.
Product tests on air hygiene characteristics
We examine vacuum cleaners, room air cleaners, air humidifiers and laser printers for their separation efficiency with respect to fine dust, gases, germs (fungi and bacteria), allergens and the emissions of these pollutants.
These tests are conducted within the framework of the Air Hygiene Working Group, which includes TÜV NORD Systems GmbH & Co. KG and other competent partners within TÜV NORD GROUP. This framework for testing products regarding their suitability for people with allergies also encompasses tests on mattress covers and carpets.
Standard testing is carried out in accordance with IEC 60312 (for vacuum cleaners), VDI 6032 (for vehicle ventilation), VDI 6033 (for products designed for allergic persons) and ANSI/AHAM AC-1-2006 (for indoor air cleaners) as well as special tests according to methods developed in-house.
Emission chamber measurements are conducted in accordance with DIN EN ISO 16000-9 and ASTM D 6670-01 or also according to in-company methods (e.g. for wall paints, building materials and other materials relevant for indoor areas).
At the request of the customer DMT issues certificates for tested products whose characteristics meet a high level of indoor air hygiene quality.
Testing Body for Refrigerating, Heating & Air Conditioning Engineering
Laboratory for Air Hygiene
Measuring Centre for Measurements at Workplaces
Test Laboratory for Fire Protection
Expert Body for Vibration Measurements
Procedure list flexible accreditation