Environmental Services & Rehabilitation
Environmental technology demands a particularly complex interplay of multiple disciplines. This is precisely our forte, as DMT's long-term experience in this field spans all necessary services at all phases of the project life cycle.
Our specialists are renowned for performing even the most complex tasks reliably, safely and efficiently, and are accredited with all the necessary qualifications (including SCC **, BGR128, SiGeKo, TRGS 519, TRGS 521).
Our clients benefit from this comprehensive know-how of all manner of modern engineering services,
while our universal experience and holistic approach to projects guarantee them economical planning in the following:
- Reutilisation of former industrial sites
- Landfill engineering
Our special strengths:
- High planning reliability
- Extensive experience in planning and execution
- Budget, schedule and cost certainty for the project
- Trusting partnerships and strong cooperation with all those involved in the project
- Technical monitoring and supervision
Reutilisation of Former Industrial Sites
Land recycling of former industrial sites makes it possible to use them profitably for new purposes. In this respect our interdisciplinary project teams bundle their knowhow to offer integrated services; from concept development through to supervision of the construction work.
Our range of services covers research into utilisation, investigation of polluted sites, assessment of existing buildings and preparation of viable remediation plans for approval by the authorities. We also assist by providing site management and project management experts during the conduct of the project and safeguard your financial and quality interests in the execution phase.
With experts in abandoned mining, hydrogeology, geotechnics and surface emissions working in close cooperation, DMT is well-equipped to solve the complex issues involved in reutilising industrial sites. It is precisely this interaction in the individual project phases that enables us to make the most of synergy effects. We place emphasis on developing and using innovative techniques and strategies in order to reduce time and costs. Our services include:
- Historical research
- Identification and evaluation of risks
- Creation of economic rehabilitation plans
- Natural attenuation
- Groundwater monitoring
- Retroactive maintenance concepts
Our sustainable strategies and planning and the techniques we apply enable us to make former industrial sites fit again for new projects, whereby the main benefit to our customers is the many years of experience of our engineers and technicians.
Before demolishing disused buildings and industrial plants the structures themselves and the constituent construction materials will first have to be examined for toxic substances.
Using an analysis of potential hazards as a basis, DMT works out a demolition and disposal concept specifically for the site, which enables planned and selective dismantling. This systematically aims at minimising the volume of material to be disposed of while at the same time maximising the amount of material that can be recycled.
Not only do we prepare hazard potential analyses and plan dismantling projects, we also provide expert supervision throughout the demolition work.
Our main services include:
- Assessment of the building and plant facilities
- Preparation of a pollutant survey
- Measurement of ambient air
- Conceptualisation and planning of dismantling
- Evaluation of disposal options
- Identification of rehabilitation options
- Waste disposal (co-ordination of waste management)
- Cost evaluations and cost-benefit-analysis
Thanks to the expertise and experience of our specialists, we ensure you find the best solution - Count on DMT for the qualitative and economic success of the project.
Regulations governing rubbish dumps and refuse repositories create a mandatory system for allocating waste to specific sites, each characterised by distinct specifications. When planning new waste dumps or expanding existing ones, and particularly when closing down sections of waste dumps or even entire sites, there are extensive building requirements and planning laws that have to be considered.
DMT has many years of experience in planning and sealing municipal waste dumps, toxic waste dumps and inert materials dumps. The firm’s activities also include monitoring and cleaning water seepage as well as detecting and utilising gas emitted from waste disposal sites.
We can provide answers to questions about:
- Requirements for waste quality
- Waste examination methods
- Principles for assessing and selecting locations for waste disposal sites
- Survey of materials and content in waste dumps
- Design and construction of waste dumps
- Sealing systems
- Disposal of seepage water
- Gas emitted from waste dumps
- Retroactive maintenance measures
- Environmental impact assessments for waste disposal sites
- Third-party inspection